In the past, granny flats were built for aging parents. However, with the growing popularity and appeal of tiny homes, more people are drawn to granny flats. The higher cost of real estate nowadays paved the way for granny flats. You can decide whether you want a kit home or modular granny flats Brisbane builders offer.
Since it is a flexible home, you can even customise your granny flats. You can opt for double glazed windows, or install carpets or use insulation boards to keep it insulated.
Difference Between Kit Homes and Modular Granny Flats
They are almost identical, except that kit homes are shipped to your area in a box. You have to figure out which pieces go where, depending on the instruction manual. Modular granny flats Brisbane offers today are delivered to your home already built. It is ready for occupancy as it is complete with all the fittings, electricity and plumbing already installed. All you have to do is find a spot in your lawn to put it in place.
Attached or Detached?
There are two main types of granny flats you can choose from.
1. Attached — It works like an extension of your existing home. You can also convert existing rooms in your home to be used as granny flats. This is ideal if you have a larger home and a few unused rooms.
2. Detached — Placed a few metres away from your existing home. This is ideal if you have a large backyard where you can set up granny flats.
Perks of Modular Granny Flat Design
If you are not yet convinced whether modular granny flats Brisbane has today are perfect for you, check out these perks below:
1. Transportable — You can move it anywhere because it is not built on a concrete structure, except for detached granny flats.
2. Cost-Effective — Brisbane modular granny flats are cheaper than conventional homes.
3. Fast Turn Around Time — The time spent building granny flats are minimal compared to conventional homes.
4. Ready for Occupancy — Since it is delivered complete or at least 80-90% complete, you can enjoy its benefits right away.
Lots of Styles to Choose From
No need to worry about styling modular granny flats in Brisbane. There are many design options you can choose from. Similar to designing tiny homes, you can make the most of the small space and make it look big. You can opt for one-bedroom or two-bedroom granny flats, depending on the total land area.
Below are a few decorating tips for modular granny flats:
1. Connecting the indoors to the outdoors — one way to achieve this is by installing large windows. You can enjoy the warm vitamin-loaded sun in the morning. You can also add more light to your home without using your bulbs. If the sun becomes too harsh, you can ob for roller blinds and classic roller shutters to filter the harmful rays of the sun.
2. Choose Colours Wisely — If the modular granny flats are built for elderly family members, choose colours that inspire a warm feeling or give it a homey appeal. If you want to use it for rentals, you can use neutral colours like cream or beige. This will make it easier for you to rent out the area without having to replace paint colours now and then.
3. Smart Selection of Furniture — If you want the granny flat to look more open, opt for furniture with legs. There are various furniture options from stores that can complement any style or interior colour scheme. Beware of too many sharp edges so children who visit are not at risk. You can also upcycle old furniture from the secondhand store and give it a fresh life.
Knowing what type of modular granny flats is important so builders can make necessary adjustments. Modular granny flats are delivered already painted with your desired colour so choose wisely before ordering.
Speak to professionals in granny flats or contact reliable manufacturers or cheap modular granny flats Brisbane has today. You can also visit http://peaktransportables.com.au/ for more details.